(HDSentinel) is a multi-OS SSD and HDD monitoring and analysis software
Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures.
HD Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer and in external enclosures (USB hard disks / e-SATA hard disks).
Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
How does Hard Disk Sentinel work?
Hard Disk Sentinel runs in the background and verifies SSD / HDD health status by inspecting the SMART status of the disk(s). If an error is found or unexpected behaviour is detected, it warns the user about the current situation and also can perform appropriate actions (for example, start an automatic backup).
Do I need Hard Disk Sentinel?
If you are using a computer equipped with at least one hard disk or solid state disk and you want to ensure that your data will be available any time, then the answer is YES. Hard Disk Sentinel is especially designed to you if
- you are using multiple hard disks / SSDs / hybrid drives (SSHD) in your computer (IDE / Serial ATA (S-ATA, e-SATA) / NVMe / SCSI / SAS / USB hard disks) or in an external enclosure (check the hardware compatibility pages for the list of compatible hardware)
- you are using a mobile / removable rack or enclosure with hard disk inside
- you are using notebook computer
- you are using server or desktop computers with high disk load
- you want to maximize system stability, HDD performance and overall integrity, receive HDD alert on high temperature or low health
- you do not want to lose your sensitive and valuable data, do not want to pay for HDD recovery.