SuperMemo 18 will help you:
- learn fast and retain memories
- collect information from electronic sources
- convert collected information into knowledge durably stored in your memory
- use acquired knowledge in creative problem solving
- log sleep data to see how learning and sleep interact
By default, SuperMemo ensures 95% recall of the learned knowledge for life (as long as you follow its review schedule).
SuperMemo is a great tool for every serious student of medical sciences, languages, chemistry, biology, engineering, and all imaginable fields where durable long-term memory plays a significant role.
SuperMemo’s power is limited only by the size of your hard disk, available time, and the capacity of your memory.
SuperMemo has been in continual development since 1987.
This is its 18th version that has been adapted to run optimally in Windows 10.
SuperMemo 18 for Windows runs optimally in Windows 10, but can also be used in Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.
What’s new in SuperMemo 18?
- Algorithm SM-18 with a new approach to determining item difficulty
- new universal algorithm metric
- collecting and displaying stabilization curves that determine the efficency of review
- collecting and displaying retrievability-based forgetting curves to determine the efficiency of the algorithm
- simplified editing of repetition histories (e.g. Aug 15, 1995 or Int=6 are allowed instead of full repetition data)
- recalibrating SuperMemo Algorithm to rely on E(SInc) rather than SInc
- maximum interval increased to 120 years (previously 10,000 days, i.e. 37 years)
- repetition history can be used to override learning parameters
- Undo Repetition (items are made pending when the last record is deleted)
- grade undo is possible by editing the last repetition history record (or using Undo Repetition)
- 40 predefined themes (skins)
- each collection can use its own theme (skin)
- all toolbars available as tabs at the bottom of the element window
- emojis used for grades instead of grade names (names known from previous SuperMemos can be restored via Options)
- SuperMemo 18 has been recompiled with Delphi 10.2 Tokyo
- minimizing add on units to capitalize on native Delphi support
- resetting statistics at Memorized=0 does not reset the collection, only deletes files
- https:// image import could fail if https files allowed of no http access
- occasionally, RTF files would fail to upgrade to HTML (old format would be retained)
- Alarm : Start could instantly raise the alarm for time>0
- No more floating toolbars
- No more toolbar dock
- No more translation import and export via text
- Window:Select:Next window removed
- No more stray repetition export from repetition history
- Additional repetition history warnings Wrong repetition, grade and lapses match can only be fixed manually (e.g. Fix and Edit)
- extended Q&A text import (incl. Anki cloze)
- simplified code with a great deal of refactoring
- 440 improvements and bug fixes