Last updated on February 15th, 2020 at 02:53 pm
MAXQDA 2020 – Feature Highlights
A New Focus on Memos
Powerful new features enabling you to access, display, create & edit memos more easily & efficiently than ever before
We know how important memos are to keeping track of ideas, thoughts and insights regarding your research. Memos can play a vital role in the analytical process and can often be the starting point for writing up report chapters. MAXQDA 2020 offers multiple new tools to work with memos more easily & efficiently.
- New memo sidebar. Display and read your memos alongside your data by displaying them directly next to your source material in the sidebar.
- New memo tab in the main menu. Access existing memos, write new memos or search for memos – all in one place!
- New Memo Editor. The newly designed Memo Editor expands your writing space – and you can now add tables to your memo texts.
- Memo links. Link parts of a memo to any section in the data to quickly jump back and forth – or link a memo to any number of codes and/or coded segments.
A new memo workspace to search, filter & create memos
These new Memo Manager features turns your memos into a complete project knowledge base.
- Filter and search. Filter and sort memos by type, date, author, or symbol. Search within all or only selected memos and quickly find memos attached to any element of your research.
- Work. Open several memos in tabs, combine a group of memos in a set, and use the new workspace to organize, compare and write up your notes.
Six new models & increased interactivity for our popular mind mapping tool
With MAXQDA 2020, we have continued to make new breakthroughs on the road to developing the most sophisticated research-oriented visualization tools in the industry. MAXMaps now comes with six new models, new options for existing models, and a user-friendly interactive concept model builder.
- New interactive model builder. Interactively test any of the existing options for a model before creating a new map and save time creating the perfect map to illustrate your data.
- Six new models. The new models can visualize your project’s code by document distribution, related & overlapping codes, or put a spotlight on summaries and paraphrases.
- Map Organizer. The redesigned Map Organizer window now lets you add comments to a map, reorganize maps more efficiently and group maps into folders.
- New objects & formatting options. More flexibility to work with lines and arrows, better descriptions to illustrate relationships between elements, and a general design update for all formatting options that looks and works in a similar way to widely used office software packages.
Retrieved Segments Window
Redesigned to suit the way you view and work with coded segments. New display options add more information to the data display
- Sidebar for comments. Display comments for a coded segment in a new sidebar next to your retrieved segments.
- Include variables. Display your favorite document variables and variable values.
- Coding stripes. Coding stripes are displayed next to retrieved segments to make it easier to find segments by code color.
- Subheadings. Coded segments are separated by subheadings: document names (when sorted by documents), code names (when sorted by codes), and weight scores (when sorted by weight).
- Hide source information. Hide coded segment source information to fully concentrate on the segments themselves.
You can now import full articles along with your bibliographical data
You can already import bibliographical metadata from Endnote, Mendeley, and Zotero into MAXQDA. In MAXQDA 2020, these import options additionally include the respective texts or PDF articles.
What’s more, MAXQDA also automatically recognizes duplicates, and attachments can be automatically coded during import with the keywords assigned to them.
Import Transcripts from New Sources
Your flexibility is our mission: Import transcripts from a large number of popular transcription services and tools
New automatic transcription services for audio and video files are popping up every day – they are so much faster than manual transcription, and their automatic speech recognition is getting better and better. MAXQDA 2020 allows you to work with the automatic transcription service of your choice – and import transcripts and timestamps from commonly used online and offline applications.
Transcript sources include AmberScript, TEMI, Trint, f4, f5transkript, Transana, Rev.com, and more.